Getting your ducks in a row for a smooth escrow closing
Closing on a home can be an exciting and stressful process all at the same time. With so many potential speed bumps it’s important we make your closing flow as smooth as possible. At Ticor we believe one of the easiest ways to accomplish this is by educating buyers and sellers as they prepare for the big day. In particular we’d like to highlight some of the simple steps a buyer/seller can take to expedite the process. We call these steps the “Keys to a Successful Closing”.
Prior to Closing
- Check that all conditions have been met by your Loan Officer.
- Send the names of your lender and homeowner’s insurance company to your Escrow Officer.
- Gather the following and deliver to your Escrow Officer:
- Your forwarding address
- Any existing mortgage information
- Identify leased equipment
- Homeowner Association information
- Utilities (if they are to be paid out of escrow.)
Buyers and Sellers
- Confirm with your agent that all contingencies have been satisfied.
- Keep your agent informed of any vacation plans or times you will be unavailable.
- If you plan to have your documents reviewed by an attorney, please notify your Escrow Officer at least 48 hours prior to signing.
Before Your Signing Appointment
- Expect to sign at the escrow company one or two business days before the closing date.
- If funds are required to close, be prepared to bring the monies in the form of a cashier’s check 24 hours before recording or wire transfer the same day as closing.
- Have a valid photo identification available at your signing appointment: Driver’s License/State ID, Passport, or Green Card.
- Expect the signing to last approximately one hour if you are the buyer and 30 minutes if you are the seller.
If you have questions or comments about the closing process, please share by commenting below!