Watch out for potential delays
A “red flag” is a signal to pay attention! Below are some of the items which may cause delays or other problems within a transaction and must be addressed well before the closing.
For information on Red Flags and more, we have assembled an easy-to-understand Buyer and Seller Guide to Title and Escrow for our clients and partners.
Here’s an excerpt from Red Flags in the Escrow/Title Process in our guide:
Examples of Red Flags to Watch For:
- Business trusts
- Clearing liens and judgments, including child or spousal support liens
- Encroachment or off record easements
- Establishing fact of death–joint tenancy Family trusts
- Physical inspection results–Encroachment, off-record easements
- Power of Attorney–Use of, proper execution
- Proper execution of documents
- Proper jurats, notary seals
- Recent construction
- Transfers or loans involving corporations or partnerships
- Last minute change in buyers
- Last minute change in type of title insurance coverage
|We would love to help you have an amazing closing experience on your next real estate transaction.
|Check out our Buyer and Seller Guide to Title and Escrow today!